Friday 19 August 2011

My Love Is Like A Red, Red Rose


I’ve been feeling all poetic today, so in awe of my beautiful wellies, and inspired by Robert Burns, I’ve put together this little ditty.  My  boots, by the way, are as close to my pillow as possible, but on the floor because Mummy wouldn’t allow them in my cot.  They’re gorgeous!

O my love’s like a red, red rose
That newly came from Sainsbury’s
Oh my love’s like the squeaky mouse
That’s eyeing up the cheese.

As fair art thou, oh rubber boots,
So deep in love am I;
And I will love thee still, Wellies,
Till all the puddles dry:

Till all the puddles dry, Wellies,
And bedtime has come and gone
I will love thee still, Wellies,
With the rising of the sun.

And fare thee well, my lovely boots,
While I am out with Dad!

And I will come again, my boots,          
The wait is not all that bad.

CB

2 comments:

  1. What a great poem! You must be the only one who is actually enjoying this rainy 'summer'!! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Working Mum. My beautiful boots came in handy paddling in the loch, too.

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.