I think I’m going to love Autumn. I know Mummy loves it, too. I can’t really remember last year’s but now I’m walking, it sounds like it’s going to be right up my street.
I asked Mummy what’s so great about Autumn and she went off on one for ages. Yeah, yeah, I said, but I’m writing a blog post, not a book – gimme your top five. So she did.
Mummy’s Top 5 Things About Autumn:
1. The rugby season starts again, and this year it’s the World Cup! Come on England!
2. Curling up on the sofa in front of the fire, listening to the wind and rain outside. I can’t promise she’ll do much of that, but she’s keeping it on her list.
3. Food, and more specifically, puddings. And custard! Summer salads just aren’t as satisfying.
4. And drink. Lovely, yummy hot chocolate, after a nice brisk walk in the countryside. So much the better if it’s sunny and frosty. And hip flasks at the rugby. And mulled wine after Christmas shopping. And a Bloody Mary, or two. I’d better stop the list there so you don’t get the wrong idea about her!
5. Warm, forgiving clothes – no more flesh on display! And that goes for other people, too!
I got thinking after that and wrote my own list. Here are my 5 Top Things About Autumn:
1. It’s got to be the leaves once they’ve left the trees and they’re all piling up on the ground. I can’t wait to run through them and kick and throw them everywhere! Crunch, crunch, crunch!
2. New clothes! Each season brings new clothes for me, partly because I’m growing so quickly, but also because Mummy can’t help buying me new kit. I loved my pretty summer dresses, but I’m itching to get into my new knits – such gorgeous colours! (Hoping itching isn’t too accurate!)
3. Speaking of colours, the autumnal colours are something to behold. Apparently. It’s the trees, again, and I can’t wait to see the explosion of oranges, reds and yellows. Mummy and Daddy love to visit Ebbor Gorge in Somerset to see the colours. They took me last year but I don’t remember so I’m looking forward to this year.
4. And speaking of clothes, how about accessories! I had my feet measured today and they’ve grown so I’ll need new wellies (yay!). I also have a new woolly hat with sequins that I got on holiday. I’m just missing some gorgeous gloves, and I’m good to go!
5. Bonfire Night. I’m going for the first time this year. Mummy and Daddy are going to let me stay up specially so I can see the fireworks. Ooh, and Halloween.
This post was inspired by the list I read at Adventures of a Working Mum.