Saturday 18 June 2011

Make Way For Ducklings

I’ve been to the beach this week.  Mummy and Daddy took me to south Devon.  It was a lovely day out.  It wasn’t a sandcastle-building kind of day, because the beaches were stony, but we did other seaside-y type things like beat off seagulls, breathe in the wonderful sea air, and we gave our ice-cream cornets big licks.
We also went to Bicton Park botanical gardens in the fabulously named Otter Valley.  Not a single otter to be seen.  The gardens show all sorts of different types of plants in greenhouses and themed gardens.  Apart from the horticulture, there’s a lot to do. I was quite excited by the prospect of the indoor play area, much to Daddy’s horror – it’s not really his thing, but he came anyway and survived.
The highlight for me was the train ride around the park.  I do love a good train ride!  Oh, the things you can see!  The trees, the house, the wildlife.  I’m sure I’ll enjoy leaning out of the carriage and feeling the wind rushing through my hair sometime soon.  It made my day to see these little ducklings waddling home with their ducky mummy.
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.