Tuesday 29 March 2011

Tattoo or not tattoo?

I don’t know if there’s something in my milk at the moment but after yesterday’s skirt around the whole breast milk vs formula debate, I seem to be craving a bit of controversy!  Rather than a full on dip though, because it’s already past my bedtime, I’m going to wave my toe in the general direction of the tattoo debate.
It seems to me, you either love them or you hate them, but there’s no denying their permanence.  The one that caught my eye today was a dummy, on a grown man’s neck.  I haven’t been grabbed yet by the urge to have one (give me half a chance!) but I guess you pick one because it shows something that’s important to you and means something.  But how do I know what I like today is what I’ll like tomorrow, let alone when I’m not a baby any more?  I wonder if the man with the dummy on his neck considered that.  Maybe he liked them once upon a time and now wishes he had something a little more adult, or maybe he’s into dummies now. He looked more Tiny Tempa than Tommee Tippee, but what would I know?
So, what motivates people to have one, or several, and how do you ever decide what you’re going to have – that you think you’ll like forever?  I’d love to know what you think . . .
CB

No comments:

Post a Comment

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.