Thursday 1 December 2011

My First Blog Post

Mammasaurus is getting all nostalgic this week and asking us to share our first blog posts again, so here’s mine from way back in March.  I’d just learned to crawl.  That seems like such a long time ago, now that I’m a Big Girl! 
No comments back then – let’s see how it fares this time round.  Have a look at the others here.

Ready . . . Steady . . . Go!
I’m finally on the move! Persistence was the key and I’d been practising for what seemed like forever. It all started when I thought about bearing some weight on my arms. My second leg kept getting stuck under my bottom and that held me back for a while – it wasn’t even really a shuffle at that stage, and boy, was it frustrating! I’m embarrassed to say, there were a few tantrums.
I think Independence might be my second name. It’s about time I started calling some shots around here – I’ll choose where I play, and if I don’t like what I’m given to play with, I’ll select something myself, even if it doesn’t fall into the conventional ‘toy’ bracket. Today, I’m liking plug sockets. It’s only right to point out to Daddy all the potential trip hazards so I’ve been waving loose cables at him wherever I find them. Someone could do themselves a nasty injury!
I think Mummy and Daddy were beginning to wonder if I’d ever figure it out. Daddy didn’t crawl but perfected a bum-shuffle, and Mummy went straight to walking. Even I am impressed with the speed I’ve built up in just a few days!
I think grown-ups should just chill out – we babies will manage to get around, don’t you worry! Some of my friends have been crawling for ages, others still aren’t. I sometimes wonder if I should have held out a little longer. I mean, why bother getting up to fetch something myself when if I scream loud enough, someone will just bring it to me.
So, must dash now – I’ve seen something on the other side of the room that needs investigating quickly!
CB

5 comments:

  1. Oh bless you CB I bet you have grown since you first wrote this!
    Pink wellies these days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have indeed, although still not much hair.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You know something chattybaby, it is amazing how fast babies grow up and almost unreal how intelligent babies really are. Babies are very much independent in a sense and know exactly when to throw tantrums. Babies are truly some of the best investigators in our society. They see something and immediately go to check it out. This is why parents should always have measures in place to protect their baby's from harm. As parents, we have to always remain one step ahead. By doing so, we allow our babies to grow up to be Big Boys and Girls.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks Anita. I think Mummy and Daddy are usually one step ahead (but don't tell them I said so!)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is my first time pay a visit at here and i am actually pleassant to
    read everthing at one place.

    Feel free to visit my web blog: Visit Website ()

    ReplyDelete

Go on, leave me a comment - they make my day.